Things to Bring
Your clothing should be easy to wash and dry and should preferably not need ironing. Avoid synthetics, which can be very uncomfortable in hot weather. We recommend lightweight cotton clothing. long trousers and t-shirts may be more appropriate. Let’s not forget thin towels, sun hats, sunscreen, insect repellent and leech socks. For most tours, bring along your swimwear, as there are chances to slake off the tropical heat with a dip at a river or waterfall.
Moreover, we recommend you bring light rainwear such as raincoats or waterproof jackets because there will be encounters with rain. Please make sure you have something dry to change into and wrap all your clothes and belongings in a plastic/zip-lock bag when packing.
- 2 pairs of walking shoes/boots/trainers, enough comfortable to handle jungle streams or muddy trails and give good grip to walk on mud, stones or slope and protect your toes, ankles and knees. Without a pair of shoes with good grips, it takes more body energy to balance yourself while walking and, if you are unlucky, you could slip and fall.
- 1 pair of sandals, slippers or flip-flop.
For all adventures in all weather conditions, we recommend you to:
- Take a backpack/soft-sided rucksack rather than a hard suitcase as it is more practical and use packing cubes to keep your belongings tidy whilst compressing the volume too.
- Combine your main backpack with a fold away day sack that will carry your essentials on day trips.
- Bring a microfiber travel towel – specially designed for travel as they fold really small so you can accommodate a larger size and they dry really quickly too.
- Bring plastic/zip-lock bags to keep clothes and cameras dry in case of rain and if your tour involves rivers and waterfalls.
- Bring your own water bottle to refill along the way.
- Look after your mobile phone with a phone bungee – it protects against loss, theft and damage and is especially useful when trekking.
- Use and charge electrical gadgets, please bring a travel adaptor plug (3-pin electrical sockets).
- Bring a torch light or LED head torch (do not forget to bring extra batteries and bulbs).
- Bring a light sleeping bag and a tent when required (please refer to your tour itinerary).
- Bring sunscreen, hat and insect repellent.
- Personal toiletries
- Biodegradable laundry detergent
- Passport (plus a copy of your passport & visas)
- Vaccination certificate
- Small basic First Aid kit (painkillers, band aids, after-sun lotion, eye drops, anti-diarrhoea tablets. )